The Education Academy oversees the education and training activities of our partner organisations to ensure consistent standards of excellence for all students and staff.
Our Education Academy raises the profile of education and training activities across our partnership and ensures effective co-ordination between our Clinical Academic Groups and our partner organisations. The Education Academy draws together expertise across King’s Health Partners to develop and deliver innovative education and training for our students, our workforce and beyond.
The Academy has a portfolio of learning approaches that include the best, proven technological developments to meet the diverse needs of learners. It is responsible for the accreditation, quality assurance and dissemination of innovative learning methods and technologies.
Within the Academy the workstreams are:
- Global health education and training - led by Paula Baraitser
- Technology enhanced learning - led by Dr David Byrne
- Leadership - led by Amanda Price
- Optimising Medicines Use - led by Professor Graham Davies
- Physical and mental health - led by Dr Sean Cross
- Postgraduate clinical education - led by Mr Tj Lasoye
- Quality assurance - led by Dr Jonathan Koffman
- Research and teaching - led by Professor Andrew Cope
- Simulation - led by Dr Peter Jaye
- Widening participation - led by Dr Steve Thompson
Read our Education Academy and CAG Education executive summary detailing updates for each workstream in 2016.
For more information about any of these workstreams email email@example.com
Staff Development Fund
King’s Health Partners is piloting the introduction of a staff development fund to help eligible individuals meet the cost of personal development opportunities such as attending conferences or undertaking short courses.
Anyone is employed by one of the organisations which form King’s Health Partners can apply. Applications are invited from staff from all professional backgrounds.
The Education Council overseas the Education Academy and Clinical Academic Group Education and Training matrix structure. Read more about Education Academy governance.
The Safety Connections Network runs events and conferences which bring together staff and students from across King's Health Partners to share best practice and learn more about the latest developments in patient safety. Visit out events page to find out about any upcoming events.