King’s Health Partners is one of England’s five Academic Health Sciences Centres (AHSCs). It brings together a world-leading research led university (King’s College London) and three successful NHS Foundation Trusts (Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley).
Our aim is to create a centre where world-class research, education and clinical practice are brought together for the benefit of patients. We want to make sure that the lessons from research are used more swiftly, effectively and systematically to improve healthcare services for people with physical and mental health care problems.
At the same time as competing on the international stage, our focus remains on providing local people with the very best that the NHS has to offer. King’s Health Partners will bring real and lasting benefits to the communities of south London. Local people will continue to benefit from access to world-leading healthcare experts and clinical services which are underpinned by the latest research knowledge. There will also be benefits for the local area in regeneration, education, jobs and economic growth.
Our partnership brings together:
- three of the UK’s leading NHS Foundation Trusts;
- a university ranked 19th in the world;
- services provided across central and outer London locations, including seven mental health and physical healthcare hospitals and many community sites;
- 3.6 million patient contacts each year;
- 31,000 staff;
- 25,000 students;
- combined annual turnover of £2.8 billion.
Under About Us you will find further information on: