Southwark and Lambeth Integrated Care
Improving people's experience and health outcomes: our Integrated Care Programme
Residents of Southwark and Lambeth are benefiting from a radical new approach to ‘joining up’ services across the local NHS and local authority social care. This one of the first major schemes of its kind ‘integrating care’ in the UK and includes a multi-million pound investment in preventative community services. Local people have a major role in shaping the vision for this work and have a leading role as members through a Citizen’s Forum.
Our goals are to:
- support people to be healthier and more independent;
- ensure people have a better coordinated experience of care, within our budgets.
We'll do this by:
- coordinating care better around people;
- identifying people's care needs and supporting them earlier;
- supporting people to keep themselves healthy where possible;
- ensuring people's care is delivered in the most appropriate setting
Southwark and Lambeth Integrated Care involves staff across King's Health Partners, working in partnership with local people, GPs and other health and social care professionals in Lambeth and Southwark in order to understand how they think systems and services could be improved.
For general enquiries please call 020 7525 0385. For further information visit www.slicare.org