- About us
- Academic Health Sciences Centre Concordat
- Academic Health Sciences Centres - what are they?
- Job opportunities
- Key facts
- King's International Lecture Series
- Our community
- Our organisation
- Our response to the White Paper
- South London Academic Health Science Network
- The partners
- Clinical Academic Groups
- Clinical services
- Contact us
- Terms and Conditions
From our multiple locations at the heart of London, we serve a:
- local population of two million people, and
- wider catchment area for specialist services of up to five million.
We are one of the largest employers in our community and with a combined turnover of over £2 billion we have the scale to compete on the world stage, attracting the best academics, clinicians, staff and students to pioneer world-leading advances in health and well-being.
Our local population of south London is projected to grow significantly over the next decade, there is considerable diversity and inequality in health outcomes. We need to address the inequalities by using our resources to maximum effect.
We will focus on effectiveness and efficiency to release resources to deliver better services. Working with stakeholders, we will strive to enhance healthy lifestyles, to address public health issues and to create a sustainable and affordable healthcare system that will benefit all.