Staff health and wellbeing
King's Health Partners aims to be the best place to work and to promote a culture where wellbeing is embraced by all of its employees.
More and more research is showing us how certain things we do can improve our moods, reduce the risk of depression, strengthen relationships, keep us healthy and even add seven years to our lives.
The Wheel of Well-being was designed in 2008 as part of Big Lottery Well London’s programme. It is an ongoing collaboration between the Mental Health Promotion Team at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and Uscreates. The work is currently supported by the Maudsley Charity. If you’re interested in health and happiness – from a personal or a professional perspective visit our happier@work site.
Our underpinning principles
We embrace current health and wellbeing strategies employed by our partner organisations and build on their collaborative work, share best practice, and develop new initiatives:
- High Quality Care- Healthier, happier and motivated staff will deliver safer and higher quality care.
- Improved Productivity- Improved staff attendance, by reducing sickness absence, means more staff at work, pulling together and engaging within the organisation to improve patient care and productivity.
- Innovation by staff involvement- Encouraging staff to participate in and identify Health and Wellbeing initiatives will create cultural change across King's Health Partners.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles- Awareness raising of how staff can look after their own health will encourage them to become strong advocates of healthy lifestyles for our patients.
- Attracting excellence in recruitment- King’s Health Partners investment in our staff Health and Wellbeing will promote us as an employer of choice.