In need of research funding?
The Maudsley Charity has announced a call for expressions of interest for a new Epilepsy Research Fund.
The grant, made possible by a generous legacy donation, is intended to support research in the field of epilepsy.
The Charity is keen to allocate the fund as a single bid. Applications are welcomed from teams and collaborations working in neurology and/or neuropsychiatry.
Criteria and requirements:
- projects must demonstrate that they will, through research, advance understanding and evidence related to epilepsy
- applications will be open to researchers with a primary base in any of the following: South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King’s College London, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust or some combination of these institutions
- we are keen to support collaborations across neuroscience and mental health but will also be open to bids which do not reflect such collaboration
- the maximum amount available for the project will not exceed £210,000
- we will look favourably on studies which complement existing funding and infrastructures such as Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) and Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRC)
- if proposed research extends or overlaps with an existing study, applicants must demonstrate that the funding will substantially extend the potential impact of the research or extend the research into new and distinct areas
- animal studies will not be considered
- bids may include capital costs eg for relevant equipment or software. Submitted budgets must include required overhead costs
- the project may run for no more than four years.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication that you would like to make an application by 2 June 2019.
King’s Health Partners Neurosciences has an ambitious vision to use our collective clinical, research, and educational expertise to deliver world-class patient care and research.
Find out more about the funding on the Maudsley Charity website.