Education and Training for You
Over the coming months our Education Academy will explore the education and training opportunities available to you at King’s Health Partners – no matter what stage you are at in your career.
We are committed to supporting you – our almost 70,000 staff and students – in your present and future roles. Providing you with all with opportunities you need to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your academic and professional careers, is one of King’s Health Partners top priorities.
We recognise that you are all at different stages in your own personal and professional lives. You may be an undergraduate student just about to begin your dentistry degree at King’s College London, or perhaps you have had 10 years’ experience in your speciality and you’re looking for ways to step into the next stage of your career. No matter where you are at in your career, we have a wealth of resources and educational opportunities for you.
Our Education Academy promotes education and training activities across our partner organisations - King’s College London university and Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
Our Education Academy draws together expertise across King’s Health Partners to develop and deliver innovative education and training opportunities for our students, staff and healthcare professionals elsewhere.
Here are just some examples:
- We offer international education and training opportunities, including open programmes and bespoke education and training opportunities in the widest range of subjects allied to medicine of any other London institution, including Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Medical Physics.
- The Safety Connections Network runs events and conferences which bring together staff and students from across King's Health Partners to share best practice and learn more about the latest developments in patient safety.
- We have an online e-learning platform – the Learning Hub - with more than 85 resources available to learn.
- You could be eligible to apply for our King’s Health Partners staff development fund - up to £400 in funding to attend courses, events or conferences to learn more about mind and body care.
- We offer the Academic Foundation Programme - a two-year generic training programme which forms a bridge between medical school and specialist or general practice training. There are 19 places available on the programme each year.
- You have the opportunity to link up with professionals from our partner organisations – King’s College London, or our three leading NHS Foundation Trusts - Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley – to collaborate and share expertise with one another.
- We facilitate the INSPIRE programme, having held events at King’s College London to encourage dental students to engage in research. The INSPIRE programme supports undergraduate students to increase their research capabilities and provides insight into the potential of a career in research.
The list of opportunities, resources and courses is extensive, and we recognise that it can be difficult to identify which opportunity best suits your needs, therefore, we will be launching a new series of articles to help you learn more
Over the coming weeks, as part of our Education and Training for You series we will explore the relevant opportunities available across King’s Health Partners and how they may help support you.
Each article in the series will be aimed at a specific group of staff or students, such as undergraduate or postgraduate students, early career clinicians, academic staff, later career clinicians or administrative staff.
We look forward to helping you navigating all the amazing opportunities available to you over the coming weeks and months.
Prof Anne Greenough, Director of Education and Training at King's Health Partners, said:
All staff and students are important to us at the King’s Health Partners Education Academy and we want to support you with the best learning opportunities which are tailored to your needs.
Liked this story? Take a look at six new resources available on our e-learning platform.