Help shape South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust’s new strategy
Working with staff, patients, local partners and communities for feedback on the Trust’s five-year strategy.
To provide people with the very best mental health care and support, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust are developing a new five-year strategy. The Trust want patients, service users and their carers, families and friends, to have their say and help shape this new strategy.
Building on the foundations of the Trust’s existing strategy, Changing Lives, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust are working with staff, local partners and communities, as well as service users, carers and friends and family groups to help develop five ambition areas where the Trust would like to make a large impact over the next five years.
The five draft ambitions are:
- Best place for outstanding mental health care: the Trust wants children and young people, adults and older adults to have the best standard of care and treatment and be treated with kindness, compassion, dignity and respect.
- Partner in prevention: working with the Trust’s partners to drive pioneering research into the prevention of mental illness, promote early intervention and early access for those in their communities at higher risk of mental illness, and support those living with mental health conditions to stay well.
- Catalyst for change: the Trust will be a prominent voice in the national and global conversation about mental health, working to combat stigma.
- Building a culture of trust: It wants the organisation to be viewed as transparent, responsive, decent and equitable. We will support all our staff to give their best and contribute fully to the achievement of our ambitions.
- An effective and sustainable organisation: The Trust will transform its capability and capacity to make sustainable improvement, develop new income streams to reinvest in our local services, and maximise the value – financially, environmentally and societally – of our resources.
How you can get involved
As one of the Trust’s most important partnerships, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust would very much welcome your feedback from King’s Health Partners colleagues on our ambition areas. There are two ways you can do this:
1. Fill out the Trust’s survey by 25th June
Please fill out South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust’s survey where you can give your views on its ambition areas. We want to hear about your ideas, suggestions, and experiences - all of which will help shape our new strategy.
2. Register for one of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust’s online Engagement Events
This June, the Trust will be hosting an online engagement event in each of its four Boroughs - Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark including:
- Croydon – Friday 25th June 12:30-2:30pm
- Lambeth – Tuesday 29th June 9:30-11:30am
- Lewisham – Tuesday 22nd June 9:00-11:00am
- Southwark – Wednesday 23rd June 11:30-1:30pm
There will also be an online engagement event for service users and carers on Monday 28 June 11.30am - 1.30pm. Find out how to register via the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust’s website. If you have any questions about the survey or the events, please contact email@example.com.