Nominate colleagues for an Education Academy Award
The Education Academy Awards are an opportunity to highlight all the great work taking place within and between the four organisations that make up King’s Health Partners. [Pictured, winners from January 2021].
The categories and criteria are:
Workplace based learning
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered learning in the workplace which has resulted in improved service delivery and peers have had the opportunity to benefit from the teaching.
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered multi-professional learning and the learning has resulted in service improvements or increased patient satisfaction because of better team working.
Education and training making a difference in practice
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered education and training resources such as e-learning or short courses which have resulted in changes in practice and improvement in practice.
Value based education
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered education and training that resulted in better care at lower cost.
Link to redesign pathway or service
- Recognises an individual or team who has delivered education and training which facilitated the redesign of a pathway or service.
Mind and body education initiatives
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered mind and body education which has resulted in a more holistic approach to patient care or management.
Adapting curriculum or CPD for parity of esteem
- Recognises an individual or team who has adapted and delivered education to a wider set of health care professionals
Educate for innovation – working in different ways
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered resources to inspire students, trainees or staff to think innovatively and hence developed solutions to problems in their everyday practice.
There will be a special Peter Hylands award, the former Head of the Institute of Pharmacy at King’s College London, in remembrance of his major contribution to Education and Training at King's Health Partners.
Peter Hylands Award
- Recognises an individual or team who has developed or delivered exceptional pharmacy related education and training.
Professor Anne Greenough, Director of Education and Training at King’s Health Partners, said:
Excellent patient care begins with skilled staff and students, and we know that across our partnership that there are people and teams working to ensure knowledge and best practice is shared. These awards represent a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of those committed educators and trainers in our partnership. We look forward to receiving and celebrating your entries.
Nominations are now open with a closing date will be Tuesday 14 December and the winners will be announced in January 2022.