Integrated care is part of our mission to improve health and wellbeing of our local population.
Healthcare is often delivered in a fragmented manner which is largely based on treatment not prevention and too often, patients find services complex to navigate. Our partner organisations provide most of the hospital, community and mental health services in Lambeth and Southwark as well as the mental health services in Lewisham and Croydon.
We intend to reduce hospital attendances and improve access to health care in local communities through:
- implementing local services for the frail elderly which are better able to support their mental and physical needs and worked across London to develop a frailty scorecard
- use our ‘Amber Alert’ programme to provide effective care for vulnerable patients
- use the Local Care Record to enable access to electronic health records to improve continuity of care and reduce error.
We are committed to improving out-of-hospital care and community access to diagnostics, care and treatment by:
- working in partnership with primary and social care and the voluntary sector to make it easier for patients to access and receive treatment and support
- supporting people and communities to take control of their health and wellbeing, for example through positive self-management of weight, mental health, alcohol use, smoking and blood pressure
- creating integrated physical and mental health services to support people where and when they need
- working with the Health Innovation Network to spread learning across south London
Look for events
Read an Outcomes Book