Staff at King’s Health Partners who require funding support
Applications for the staff development fund are now closed. You can sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date about future funding opportunities here: https://bit.ly/3M3FI5K
The King’s Health Partners (KHP) staff development fund is open to anyone employed across the partnership and designed to help eligible individuals meet the cost of professional development opportunities, such as attending conferences or undertaking short courses. It complements initiatives which are already running, and the funding comes from the charities associated with KHP.
We strongly support applications that will support the delivery of KHP's five-year plan and beyond, including areas of work related to:
- Novel technologies, therapeutics and diagnostics;
- Transforming system-wide quality improvement and outcomes;
- Improving urban population health - particularly work that supports the Vital 5 initiative;
- Workforce innovation and sustainability;
- Joining up mental and physical healthcare, training and research in line with KHP's Mind & Body programme;
- Health inequalities, including cultural competence; and
- Digital education.
The aim of this fund is to enable our staff to obtain a small grant which will help you do something to broaden your knowledge and experience as part of your role within KHP. You can apply for a maximum of £400.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply who is employed by one of the below organisations which form KHP:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, including Royal Brompton and Harefields hospitals;
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- King’s College London;
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
You will also need to meet the following criteria:
- You are seeking funding support for an opportunity that will help you develop within your role and enable you to contribute towards the KHP five-year strategy;
- It is not possible for you to access funding support from any other source.
Please note, you don’t have to be a clinician to apply. Applications are invited from staff from all professional backgrounds.
What can I apply for?
A maximum of £400 is available if you are attending a conference where you are presenting a paper or participating in another active capacity. Up to £250 is available for other developmental activity such as attending a conference as a delegate.
What is the application process?
In order to apply you need to:
- Discuss your application with your line manager to ensure their support before you apply;
- Complete the staff development fund application form. (Note: Applications are now closed)
What happens next?
All applications will be considered by a panel of senior leaders from across KHP. Each application will be judged on its own merit. A decision will be made as soon as possible about whether to approve it. However, there may be several weeks between making an application and receiving a response, so please allow time for this if you are seeking funding support to attend an event or take part in an activity.
How do I claim the money if my application is successful?
If your application is successful you will be sent a form to complete and return along with proof of payment for your chosen course/conference and expenses (if applicable). You will be reimbursed via bacs transfer.
Is there anything else I need to do?
You will be asked to provide a short report about how you have benefited from the staff development award. This is important because it will help us decide whether the staff development fund is something which should be continued and developed.
If you have any further questions about the staff development fund, please contact:
Joyce Matovu, Business Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org