Staff at King’s Health Partners who require funding support
The King’s Health Partners (KHP) staff development fund is designed to help eligible individuals meet the cost of professional development opportunities such as attending conferences or undertaking short courses. It complements initiatives which are already running, and the funding comes from the charities associated with KHP.
We strongly support applications that will support the KHP five-year plan and beyond, including:
- Novel technologies, therapeutics and diagnostics;
- Transforming system-wide quality improvement and outcomes;
- Improving urban population health;
- Workforce innovation and sustainability;
- The challenges of working at the interface between mental and physical healthcare;
- Health inequalities, including cultural competence; and
- Digital education
The aim of this fund is to enable our staff to obtain a small grant which will help you do something to broaden your knowledge and experience as part of your role within KHP. You can apply for a maximum of £400.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply who is employed by one of the organisations which form KHP:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- King’s College London
- Royal Brompton and Harefields Hospitals
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
You don’t have to be a clinician to apply. Applications are invited from staff from all professional backgrounds.
What can I apply for?
You can apply for funding if all the following apply:
- You work within KHP (see above).
- You are seeking funding support for an opportunity that will help you develop within your role and enable you to contribute towards the KHP five-year strategy.
- It is not possible for you to access funding support from any other source.
A maximum of £400 is available if you are attending a conference where you are presenting a paper or participating in another active capacity. Up to £250 is available for other developmental activity such as attending a conference as a delegate.
What is the application process?
In order to apply you need to:
- Discuss your application with your line manager to ensure their support before you apply
- Register for access to the Learning Hub. Once you have registered, complete the Mind and Body e-learning resource. Please note, your certificate of completion will need to be submitted as part of your application.
- Complete the staff development fund application form.
What happens next?
All applications will be considered by a panel of senior leaders from across KHP. Each application will be judged on its own merit. A decision will be made as soon as possible about whether to approve it. However, there may be several weeks between making an application and receiving a response, so please allow time for this if you are seeking funding support to attend an event or take part in an activity.
As the amount of total support available is fixed it may not be possible to support your application if a large number of applications are received. The panel is particularly keen to receive applications which will have direct benefit to the work of Clinical Academic Groups (CAG). Joint applications which involve staff from more than one CAG will also be received favourably.
How do I claim the money if my application is successful?
If your application is successful you will be sent a form to complete and return along with proof of payment for your chosen course/conference and expenses (if applicable). You will be reimbursed via bacs transfer.
Is there anything else I need to do?
You will be asked to provide a short report about how you have benefited from the staff development award. This is important because it will help us decide whether the staff development fund is something which should be continued and developed.
If you have any further questions about the staff development fund, please contact:
Joyce Matovu, Business Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org