We work with our partners to provide to resources that support staff and students.
Pan-London Blood Cancer guidelines
We are collaborating with partners across south east London to improve aspects of care right through from diagnosis to how we care for people living with and beyond cancer. The new guidelines have been written to help clinicians in the network follow clear, consistent and evidence-based referral pathways for patients with blood cancers.
In doing so we are able to provide more consistent approaches to treatment and reduce unwarranted variations in care, ultimately helping to improve patient outcomes on a wider scale.
Lymphoma clinical management resources
Haematology consultants at King’s College Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trusts have put together treatment algorithms and policies around the clinical management of patients with lymphoma to serve as an additional guidance for clinicians and facilitate consistent clinical management of lymphoma patients across the Network.
- King's College Hospital NHS FT - Lymphoma scanning clinical practice 2022
- King's College Hospital NHS FT - Bone protection in lymphoma policy 2022
- King's College Hospital NHS FT - PCNSL frontline treatment pathway 2022
- KHP Haematology CLL Management Algorithms 2022
- KHP Haematology - Early stage cHL pathway 2022
Self-administration of sub-cutaneous systemic anti-cancer therapy at home
As part of the rollout of self-administration of sub-cutaneous systemic anti-cancer therapy at home for suitable oncology patients across south east London, pharmacists from King’s College Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trusts, and Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust have put together a network policy, and standard operating procedures and patient information leaflets for the following regimens:
- Cytarabine SOP
- Cytarabine - patient information leaflet
- Denosumab SOP
- Denosumab - patient information leaflet
- Goserelin SOP
- Goserelin patient leaflet
- Trastuzumab SOP
- Trastuzumab - patient information leaflet
Adult Haematology GP Referral Guide
As part of our commitment to supporting excellence across the patient pathway, haematology consultants at King’s College Hospital and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trusts have agreed on a joint Adult Haematology Referral Guide to support GPs in referring patients for haematology.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust guides
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Adult Haematology Referral Guide
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Quick Guide
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust guides
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust Adult Haematology Referral Guide
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust Quick Guide
King's Health Partners Haematology, together with GP colleagues, have launched a Primary Care podcast series called 'KHPHaemPearls'. The series features educational interviews between Haematology Consultants and General Practitioners discussing haematology hot topics and referral pathways.
You can listen to the podcasts on Spotify here, Amazon Music here, and Apple Podcasts here. Please rate the episode to let us know what you think and suggest some future topics.
If you have trouble opening Spotify, we have also added the podcast to our YouTube channel. Listen here:
(1) KHP Haempearls - Anaemia - YouTube
- Managing B12:
(1) KHP Haempearls - Managing B12 - YouTube
3. Common queries around blood count:
KHPHaemPearls podcast - addressing the common queries around blood count - YouTube
KHP HaemPearls - Paraproteins - YouTube
KHP HaemPearls - Haemoglobinopathy - YouTube
Please give the videos a like and add any thoughts in the comments section.
If you would like to get involved and be a featured speaker in our podcast series, then please let us know via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
To get in touch with the Institute and learn more about our work, please email KHPHaematology@kcl.ac.uk.