New courses on the Learning Hub
We have two new, high-quality courses on the KHP Learning Hub. These include the Innovation Scholars Data Science Programme, and a monthly webinar series for Physician Associates at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (FT) and Royal Brompton Hospital.
King’s Health Partners Learning Hub offers high-quality educational resources that includes podcasts, videos, online courses, and more. We have highlighted below two new courses available to staff across the partnership.
Innovation Scholars Data Science Programme
Funded by UKRI, this programme run by King’s College London offers flexible and modular training for health care professionals, researchers, and industry partners. This training aims to upskill all in their ability to use and apply big data in their work and research.
This course is for you if:
- You are a complete/near complete beginner to programming;
- Work in health-related sector as either clinical, administrative, or academic staff – for example as a nurse, health administrator, consultant, biomedical researcher, etc;
- You require flexible learning format;
- You need to start using more data for your current or future role;
- You want to be able to perform basic tasks in Python, such as making plots and sorting through tables, based on health-data without getting too deep into the theory of coding.
This module introduces you to the basics (and beyond) of the Python object-oriented programming language and gets you started working with it, such that by the end of the module you will be able to work independently in Python. No background in coding or Python is expected as a pre-requisite to this module.
Monthly webinars for Physician Associates
This course includes a recorded series of monthly sessions from senior clinicians of various specialties. These teaching sessions will enable you to keep up to date with your CPD as a Physician Associate at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS FT or Royal Brompton Hospital.
Nine topics have been covered, including the most recent sessions on toxicology, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and joint and facial bone X-ray interpretation. Access the sessions here.
Not sure how to use the KHP Learning Hub? Read our step-by-step guide on how to access all the high-quality courses developed by experts across our partnership.