Virtual visiting support for families
How it works:
The Life Lines project uses secure online platform, aTouchAway™ so that families can connect safely and securely with loved ones in intensive care. Life Lines also gives families the opportunity to ask the clinical team questions, and better understand the environment where they are being treated.
Families can download the app from the App or Android store (mobile devices) (search for aTouchaway™) or from the Aetonix website for PC or Mac, with the help of the videos and instructions below.
How to set up a video visit with the ICU or ward team
If you have a relative in ICU, the team on the ward can set you up for video visitation. If the team have your correct email address, you just need to carry out a few simple steps to get started:
- Please go to your app store and download Aetonix aTouchAway app on your smart phone or tablet. If you are using a PC, download aTouchAway
- Click Create yourself an account and follow instructions to register. You will need an email address.
- Once signed in, there will be a contact request on the home page that you need to accept
- You are now linked as a contact for the named patient.
The password rules for the aTouchAway app, featured in the image above, are as follows:
Your chosen password must:
- contain at least 1 uppercase alphabetical character
- contain at least 1 lowercase alphabetical character
- contain at least 1 numeric character
- contain at least 1 special character of the following: !@#$%^&
- be 12 characters or longer
- not contain first or last part of display name
- not contain 3 consecutive identical characters or numbers (ex: aaa, 111)
- not contain more than two sequential characters on a keyboard (ex: qwe, 123)
How your family can communicate with the ICU ward/team
- You and your family members can sign into the aTouchAway™ App on your smartphone or desktop/Mac using the email and password you have set up
- The settings are such that audio and video functions may only be initiated by the ICU/ward team, not by the family member
- aTouchAway™ is a digitally secure platform and the system is password protected to ensure both family and patient data is kept completely safe. To read more about the security, privacy and information governance of the project, visit our About us Life Lines page.