Staff Health and Wellbeing
King's Health Partners aims to be the best place to work and to promote a culture where wellbeing is embraced by all of its employees.
More research is showing us how certain things we do can improve our moods, reduce the risk of depression, strengthen relationships, keep us healthy and even add seven years to our lives.
Our underpinning principles
Our underpinning principles:
- High quality care - healthier, happier and motivated staff will deliver safer and higher quality care
- Improved productivity - improved staff attendance by reducing sickness absence meaning more staff at work, pulling together and engaging within the organisation to improve patient care and productivity
- Innovation by staff involvement - encouraging staff to participate in and identify Health and Wellbeing initiatives will create cultural change across King's Health Partners
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles - awareness raising of how staff can look after their own health will encourage them to become strong advocates of healthy lifestyles for our patients
- Attracting excellence in recruitment - King’s Health Partners investment in our staff Health and Wellbeing will promote us as an employer of choice.
We support current health and wellbeing strategies employed by our partner organisations and build on their collaborative work to share best practice and develop new initiatives.
In April 2018, we ran an event for Mind & Body Champions on staff health and wellbeing. Feedback from this event highlighted the interest in staff health and wellbeing. Our next step will be to work with Champions to develop a wellbeing toolbox that they and others in our partnership can use to promote better health and wellbeing in their teams. An initial set of useful resources can be found on the Staff Health and Wellbeing Resources page, including a presentation you can deliver to your team.